Trader Joe's and head to the pasta aisle to find this little pasta treasure. I was asked today what I miss most about not being able to eat traditional foods that are made with gluten - pizza. I miss our local pizza places. Many assume that I miss pasta. Nope, I love pasta and still enjoy many of my favorite ways to cook it and have discovered many more exciting pasta creations!
This dish is so full of good nutrients and flavors and could even be boosted with tomatoes, if you wanted some extra lycopenes and carotenes. I always have kale on hand in the fridge and an onion in the pantry. I originally bought the prosiutto to wrap around some chicken tenders and knew that I had to saute some of it with onions to add to my kale and pasta - boy am I glad I had that quick stroke of genius.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
1. 1 1/2 cups TJ's Corn spiral pasta
2. 4 cups of kale
3. 4 slices of prosciutto, diced
4. 1/2 of a white onion
5. 1/2 tsp sea salt
6. 1 tsp red pepper
7. 1/2 tsp pepper
8. 1/2 tblsp Olive Oil
1. Cook corn pasta as instructions say
2. In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil, sea salt, pepper and onion. Once onion is translucent, add prosciutto and red pepper. Once pancetta is cooked through and partially browned, add kale and saute until soft.
3. Drain pasta and add to onion and kale mixture.
4. Heat through
Serve and enjoy!