Let's all just take a quick minute and think about this scenario: You are sitting outside on a gorgeous early summer day while the sun is shining brightly. Your sunhat is perfectly tilted over your right eye to give you the perfect amount of shade, the breeze is light and has the perfect touch to take the humidity out of the air. The only thing that would be better is if your stomach would just stop growling. Oh dear, what to fill it with?! Of course, the perfect bowl of fresh, homemade summer soup. And what's that you say? Your allergies are flaring up and you are in need of something spicy to clear out those nostrils? Enter Moroccan Tomato Soup, your new best friend.
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
1. 1 can Trader Joe's Diced and Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2. 1 can Trader Joe's Diced and No Salt added Tomatoes
3. 3 cubes Dorat's frozen crushed garlic
4. 1 diced jalapeno
5. 1/2 container Trader Joe's Mirepoix
6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
7. 1 tablespoon Cumin
8. 1 tablespoon Curry powder
9. 2 teaspoons Turmeric
10. 1 teaspoon nutmeg
11. 2 tablespoons EVOO
12. 1 cup Coconut Milk
13. 1 cup water
1. Heat a soup pot to medium and add EVOO and garlic cubes
2. Add the mirepoix and jalapeno and sauté until soft (about 3 minutes)
3. Add in all spices and sautee until mixed (about 2 minutes)
4. Dump in both cans of tomatoes and water. Cover and simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes
5. Add Coconut milk
6. Using a hand immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Typically a few minutes depending on how chunky or smooth you like it.
7. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!