Monday, May 26, 2014

Bumble Bars and Granitas


Saturday mornings at the Farmer's Market in Lincoln are pretty close to heaven on earth. A short 2 block walk from my apartment and I'm surrounded by local musicians rocking out on their banjos and violins, fresh produce and the smell of kettle corn wafting throughout the Haymarket district. This is the place to come for local treats and homemade delights. The Mill Coffeehouse is also the quintessential landing spot for all market attendees. With the perfect patio for people watching and catching up with a gal pal from the week's activities, the granitas are blended to perfection and the snacks are always delicious.
                                                                                                                I literally cannot make a stop at The Mill without enjoying what I used to call a nut and seed bar. Wait, what? Right, not such a cute name. Descriptive, yes. Enticing? Not so much. Well, when I went to the Farmer's Market last Saturday and made it into The Mill for my mandatory stop, I was astounded to find out that my delicious gluten free treat has a real name! And it is absolutely the cutest name ever. The Bumble Bar. Not too sweet, a hint of salt and honey and seeds galore, this little bar packs a succulent, enticing and heavenly taste that starts my weekend off right.

Next time you find yourself in Lincoln between the first weekend in May and the second weekend in October, get yourself to the Farmer's Market and get you a Bumble Bar at The Mill!

No comments:

Post a Comment