Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chili Garlic Chicken and veggies

Well hello there spicy and flavorful dinner. Aren't you just a delight? I was house sitting recently and while I love the vacation home getaway feeling of being there thanks to the housekeeper, back patio and pool and tennis courts, not to mention the chef's kitchen and to-die-for lounging couches, I miss my little kitchen with all.the.things.!

For someone who loves cooking and has a pretty good handle on what she has hiding in her pantry and fridge, I was a little bit lost in the chef's kitchen. Alas, I had stashed some goodies in the fridge including some fresh brussel sprouts (my totally go-to veggie) and red cabbage that I die over along with some Chili Puree with Garlic magic in a jar. Grab a chicken breast and some EVOO and voila, dinner!!

Easiest dinner ever. I simply sautéed the halved brussel sprouts and chicken breast in EVOO and chili sauce, roasted the red cabbage in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste when done. That's it.


No comments:

Post a Comment