Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blackened Cajun Mahi Mahi


Well, you may have noticed with my most recent posts that I am using a lot of Mahi Mahi and Cajun spices. I admit, I am a Cajun spiced fish junkie. The combination of a subtle flaky white fish with the harsh hot flavors of Cajun spices makes my nostrils flare and my mouth water. It is such a nice combination to have a tender fish inside and a spicy crunch on the outside. This fish is super easy and fast to make. It amazes me how much flavor you can get out of a simple homemade meal. After spending a lot of time in the kitchen and making my own meals I have discovered that I would much rather take the extra time to cook myself a nutritious and hearty meal than grab a burger on the drive home. Not only does it save you a pretty penny, it makes you feel good about what you are putting into your body.

I decided to spice up my vegetables in the same way for this dish which made for a delicious side. I bought a container of mushrooms and a large bunch of asparagus, which when you are cooking for only yourself could seem a little daunting to try to use all of them up before they go bad. Take a peek at my Creamy Ricotta Rigatoni to see another way to use those mushrooms and asparagus!

Ingredients:

Fresh or Frozen Mahi Mahi
Cajun seasoning
Cayenne pepper
Salt
Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Instructions:

1. Heat pan to Medium High and swirl EVOO twice around the pan
2. Coat the Mahi Mahi thoroughly on both sides with spices
3. Place in pan and cover to lock in heat
4. Blacken on both sides to make a crust. This will lock in the tenderness of the fish and create a nice crunch on the outside.

Serve with vegetables and rice or potatoes and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment