Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Peanut, Almond & Cashew Crusted Mahi Mahi


I have been in quite the mood lately for a taste of the sea. It may be the large quantity of Mahi Mahi that I most recently purchased, or it maybe it's the season, but all in all I am loving coming up with fun recipes to tingle my tastebuds and bring out my culinary creativity. This is my first attempt at peanut, almond and cashew crusted fish, but I think it turned out deliciously well. The saltiness of the nuts really adds great flavor to the fish without me adding any salt and the fish stays nice and tender. This dish would be absolutely divine over a rice pilaf, but I ended up choosing my favorite roasted potato wedges.

If you are looking for a way to spice up your Friday night fish during this lenten season, look no further-this Mahi Mahi is sure to please!

Ingredients:

Fresh or frozen filet of Mahi Mahi
1 cup of salted peanuts/almonds/cashews roughly chopped
Cajun seasoning
Garlic powder
Extra Virgin olive oil (EVOO)

Instructions:

1. Set your stove to Medium High and add one swirl of EVOO around the pan
2. Lightly coat your fish in EVOO
3. Spice fish with Cajun spices and garlic powder
4. Add nuts to each side of the fish
5. Cover and let cook evenly on each side (about 7 minutes each)

Serve with a side of vegetables and a carb and enjoy your dinner in less than 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment