Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy National Cupcake Day!

In honor of this most prestigious of holidays, I will be making a few different kinds of cupcakes this weekend. The other night, I was watching Cupcake Wars, it was the Valentine's Day episode that I had DVR'd because Jones Bros. Cupcakes of Omaha was on. They came in a strong second, but a huge congrats to them, their shop is awesome! Anyway, while I was watching, I came up with 17 original cupcake ideas and wrote them on my favorite green "recipe-thinking" paper. I know I can't try all 17 this weekend, although I sooooooooooo wish I could. I will also be doing a test run of cupcakes that I am baking next weekend for a wedding shower!! Champagne cupcakes with raspberry champagne buttercream? Any takers??? How about dark chocolate cupcake dipped in chocolate ganache? It's a good thing my parents, brother and sister-in-law and nephew are coming to visit me on Sunday, otherwise my pants may not fit by Monday! I was talking to my brother the other night and I could hear Kelly, my sister-in-law, asking what tasty treats from A Scrumptious aFare we were having on Sunday, I think she will be quite pleased with these little delights. Even if we are planning a stop at Ivanna Cone after lunch. If you haven't heard of Ivanna Cone, and happen to be making a stop through Lincoln, NE you NEED to check this place out. And I'm using the word need in a mandatory, necessary, can't-live-without-it kind of way.

And now on to the fun cupcake recap!



A favorite of my co workers, these will be making their way back into my kitchen two weeks from today in celebration of St. Patty's Day!!





Probably my favorite cupcake so far, this one is a crowd pleaser and incorporates so many different flavors and ingredients, one to try for sure!



Do I tend to cook a lot with alcohol? Whoopsies, whatever, I think it makes the cupcakes taste better.

Raspberry Valentine's Cupcakes!


Ok, you'll have to hold on tight for this recipe, I'll be back later.....



1 comment: