Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Personal Pan Frittata


Doesn't this just look like the perfect personal brunch or in my case, dinner? It was super easy and extremely delicious, especially when I added a little salsa on top for a fun kick in your mouth. I truly love breakfast food and am totally on the same page as Bobby Flay who just luurrrvs brunch. I mean, who doesn't love a good brunch? Mimosas, eggs benedict, biscuits and gravy, fruit, croissants, quiche, omelets, muffins, coffee, spice cake, pancakes, egg casserole, bloody Mary's....someone stop me, I'm hot for brunch.

Since it has been awhile since I have had friends staying in town with me, where I always have the chance to make my most favorite brunch casserole, Spinach and Tomato Strata, I decided to hell with it, I wanted brunch and I wanted it now, who cares if it's 7:30 p.m.! Well, here is what came to fruition and man was it yummy. I used a lot of ingredients that I already had, but was glad that I had a lot of veggies to add, they made it very filling and gave me my vitamins for the day.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk
1/2 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 oz diced goat cheese
Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper

Instructions:
1. Heat cooking spray in a small cast iron skillet and add the red onions and bell peppers; cook for 3 minutes
2. In a bowl, combine and whisk the eggs, milk, goat cheese and spices
3. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and heat through; about 2 minutes
4. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook on stovetop for 1 minute
5. Move the skillet under your broiler and let puff; about 5 to 7 minutes depending on your oven
Top with salsa, cheese, hot sauce, fresh herbs

Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. Bestie. Come to California now and make this for me! I mean, I could make it for myself, but I'd rather have you just come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestie. Deal. You know I would never turn down a good invite, especially if it meant spending time in Cali with my best.

    ReplyDelete