Tuesday, July 5, 2011
I really wanted to make a few things for my family to commemorate the weekend, and because chocolate is my usual go-to, I thought I would switch it up a little bit and try out some carrot cake cupcakes decorated like the American flag. I went a little Semi-homemade Sandra Lee style on you guys and added some great flavor to a carrot cake box mix. These were super easy to make and were enjoyed immensely!
Happy Fourth of July!
1. One box of carrot cake mix
2. 3 eggs
3. 1/2 cup oil
4. 1 cup water
5. 1 cup grated carrots
6. 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Fresh blueberries
2. Sliced strawberries or other red fruit, raspberries would be delicious!
3. Cream cheese frosting - homemade or store-bought
1. Follow the box - I believe it's pretty complicated...mix up all the ingredients.
2. Fill your cupcake papers about 2/3 full and bake at 350 for about 16 minutes. Once you can pull out a toothpick clean, they're done!