Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hot and Heated Shrimp




Oooo, this was a good one! Something super easy and simple I seriously threw together one night when I was craving something a little heated. Here's the scoop; I had quinoa to use up, I had some frozen shrimpies that were on sale during a summer extravaganza, some broccoli florets and fresh farmer's market tomatoes. 


A lot of recipes, especially cooking and not baking,  you see on my blog come completely from my little creative brain. I don't follow recipes if I'm just looking to make something from what I have in my kitchen. This concoction is one of those such creations. 

Ingredients: 
Frozen devained shrimp (thawed)
Frozen broccoli florets
Tomatoes; cut into bite-size pieces
Quinoa (1/2 quinoa for 1 cup water)
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Thai Chili Garlic Sauce
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
LIme Juice

Instructions:
1. Prepare quinoa
2. Saute broccoli, tomato and shrimp in EVOO. Add Chili Garlic Sauce and red pepper. 
3. Let ingredients and flavors marinate until all are happily married :)
4. Scoop the goodies over the quinoa and top with a squirt of lime juice to tame the heat.

Enjoy!


1 comment: