Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vanilla Mango Minicakes with Fresh Blackberries

Ok, so I catered my first event last week and was I ever excited. Pretty recently, a lot of my friends and coworkers have learned how much I enjoy cooking and baking and have been rather intrigued. My roommates tell me they just don't understand how I can be in the kitchen for 3 to 4 hours prepping, baking, plating and frosting. They told me to sit down, take a load off. Then, when I reply that unless they want me to leave some goodies at home I better not sit down...they scream in answer, "keep working, keep going, we want treats!" Ha! I am of course more than happy to make some extra for them and love their input on my new recipes.

For a friend's "golden birthday" she threw a bash downtown and asked me if I would be willing to make the food for her party! I was super excited and humbled that she wanted me to provide the goodies for her birthday and wanted to make sure I did a great job and made all of her favorite foods. She had known about my Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes and really wanted to try those, so put it on the list! She also loves all kinds of dips so I wanted to prepare some delish things to use those great scooper chips. Guacamole and fresh salsa it is!

The last thing I came up with was another sweet treat. Since I was already making a rich chocolate cupcake, I wanted to switch up the flavors and make a lighter fruity cake. I recently bought a new baking pan and was dying to try it out. It is like a muffin pan but instead of each cake being round they are all mini squares. So cute! These vanilla mango mini cakes were light and fluffy and had just a perfect hint of sweet mango flavor. I am definitely going to be making these again!

Ingredients:
1 French Vanilla cake mix
1 bag of frozen chopped mango
1 white chocolate sugar-free instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup water

No comments:

Post a Comment