Monday, April 23, 2012

Green Machine Smoothie

Happy Monday y'all!! And Happy Birthday to me :) Don't you just love birthdays? Today, I turned the big 2-5. A quarter of a century, people. This is a big deal! I feel like I am offically an adult - insurance rates go down, I can rent a mini-van (top of my list) and I am no longer in my early 20's. I am officially in my mid 20's!

To start my day off right, I decided to break out of my usual breakfast streak of oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, brown sugar, ground flax and cinnamon and try out a modified Green Machine smoothie recipe I found recently. I absolutely love Naked's Green Machine, but was always a little cautious when seeing other green-type smoothies. Will they really taste as good? Let me tell you, this one was so absolutely delicious that I can't wait for tomorrow morning so I can have it again!

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1 handful fresh spinach
1 cup milk (I used vanilla rice milk)
1 tablespoon ground golden flax seed
1/4 cup uncooked oats
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
2-3 ice cubes

Instructions:
1. Add all of your ingredients into a blender and mix on medium until you have a consistent smoothie!
2. That's all, folks. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment