Monday, November 9, 2009
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
This bread comes with quite the name, but its combination of ingredients and flavors will whet your palate. I have engineered this recipe to cut down on the calories and add enriched nutrients. As with most of the sweet treats in my repertoire, I have added my favorite dark chocolate chips, Ghirardelli...yum.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 smashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients
3. In a separate mixing bowl, smash the bananas and then mix peanut butter, applesauce and eggs.
4. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients and add chips and nuts.
5. Pour batter into two bread pans
6. Pop in the oven and cook for 50 minutes
*If top of the bread starts to brown too much, cover with foil to retain moisture and prevent over-browning