Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cappuccino Parfaits

Holy great after-dinner treat, or let's face it...Sunday afternoon snack?? This cappuccino parfait is so creamy and delicious, it will literally melt on your tongue in espresso caffeine jolting goodness :) I had to try these out first for myself, but are going to be so fun to serve to my girlfriends for brunch or my fabulous neighbor girls for one of our tea parties. After all, at these tea parties, we only wear tutus, tiaras and eat and drink fabulous things. Seriously, these girls are the most wonderful pint-size treats in my life, love every minute with them.

Have fun and serve these parfaits in different juice glasses to add some whimsy to your party. One of my favorite things is to explore antique shops and thrift stores in search of fun juice glasses. My dear mother started me on this and neither one of us ever passes up a fun and unique addition for my collection!

Recipe courtesy of Everyday Cookbook of Martha Stewart Living.

Ingredients:
1 container part-skim ricotta (15 oz)
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder

Instructions:
1. Puree ricotta, sugar and espresso powder until very smooth
2. Divide evenly in glasses
3. Add a little something special by sprinkling espresso powder on top and maybe a coffee beans or chocolate chips for good measure ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment