Sunday, February 27, 2011
I was first inspired to make granola from my best friend, and chef/baker/domestic goddess/blogger extraordinaire, Courtney of The Granola Chronicles. Check this girl out, she's amazing.
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup flax seed
1 cup California golden raisins
6 tablespoons agave
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Stir until all the oats, pecans and walnuts have been coated.
3. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture onto the pan.
4. Place in the oven, then set it to 300 degrees. No need to pre-heat!
5. Stir the granola ever 10 minutes or so until it is browned. Timing depends on your oven, mine was done in about 25 minutes.
Go Granola Cazy!! Enjoy!