Sunday, April 25, 2010
Tofu with Veggies
I have since tried many different ways of cooking my own tofu that have resulted in both success and defeat. This particular dish I consider a success and I suggest all of you checking out your local grocer or specialty grocery store for their variety of tofu. I happened to find this pre-seasoned Cajun tofu and knew it would be perfect paired with bean sprouts, broccoli and rice with some extra Cajun seasoning I always have on hand.
This may not be quite up to the standards of PF Changs or even Grandma's favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be making it again and maybe even trying it with some tomatoes and edamame!
Cajun tofu block, halved
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli
1 cup brown rice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat EVOO in a cast iron skillet on Medium and add the tofu after seasoning it with Cajun seasoning.
2. In another skillet, saute bean sprouts and broccoli with EVOO and seasoning. Push around skillet so that all is evenly browned and heated through.
3. Cook rice as directed (I use instant. I get too impatient to let it soak and cook for more than 10 minutes)
4. Flip the tofu after browned and cook until both sides are even.
5. Cut the tofu into strips and serve with rice and veggies